American Haiku at Arts + Literature Lab
June 20, 7 – 8:30 PM, Arts + Literature Lab, 2021 Winnebago St, Madison, artlitlab.org
On Thursday, June 20th at 7:00pm Arts + Literature Laboratory will host a Music Education event featuring Jeremy Kienbaum, viola and Trace Johnson, cello. They will perform and discuss American Haiku, written by Brooklynite Paul Wiancko, in 2014. This richly-textured duo for viola and cello incorporates Appalachian fiddling, percussive patterns, and Japanese folk-inspired melodies. Suggested donation $5.
Free Performance for Grown Ups
June 23, 11:00 AM – Noon, The Playhouse, Overture Center, Madison
New this year, BDDS will present a free demonstration of how a chamber music performance is put together. Our emerging talent crew, the Dynamite Factory artists, will dissect one of the pieces on our Week 3 program and provide lots of opportunities for questions and feedback. Seating for 320 will be first-come first-served. Pat Powers and Thomas Wolfe and Overture Center have generously underwritten this in-depth and demystifying look at chamber music.
Group Bike Ride to the Stoughton Opera House Concert
Join music and cycling enthusiasts on Friday, June 22 at the Lake Farm County Park to bike to the Stoughton Opera House and back. For safety, registration is required with Alex Squitieri, email@example.com Details will be provided. One free El Grito taco for every rider!
EL GRITO Taco Cart Comes to the Stoughton Opera House for BDDS
¡Tacos por vida! El Grito Taqueria will be parked right in front of the Stoughton Opera House from 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM, Friday, June 22. Swing by for a taco inspired by regional Mexico cuisine and food cultures from around the world.
Pre-Order Picnics Between Sunday Concerts in Spring Green
Enjoy a picnic from Enos Farms after the 2:30 PM concert or before the 6:30 PM concert in Spring Green for $17.50. You can spread a blanket on the beautiful Hillside Theater grounds or eat in the Taliesin Architecture School Dining Room, which will be open exclusively to BDDS concert-goers. Order at least one week in advance along with your tickets at Overture.org and then give your sandwich choice to Samantha at BDDS, 608.255.9866.
$17.50 Gourmet Sandwich Choice of:
- Roast Beef: Seven Seeds beef, Cedar Grove Butterkase cheese, Fazenda Boa Terra (Taliesin Farms) roasted cherry tomato chutney, house made horseradish mayo, organic Fazenda Boa Terra (Taliesin Farms) lettuce or cabbage, house whole wheat bread
- Ham: Enos Farms Grass-Fed and House-Cured ham, house live fermented sauerkraut, Cedar Grove colby, mustard, mayo, organic Fazenda Boa Terra (Taliesin Farms) lettuce or cabbage, house whole wheat bread
- Hummus: (vegan) House-made sprouted chickpea hummus (sesame, lemon, olive oil, spices), carrot and sweet pepper relish, spiced pepitas (pumpkin seeds), celery, organic Fazenda Boa Terra (Taliesin Farms) lettuce or cabbage, house whole wheat bread
- Tabouli: Meadowlark Organics grown Rye Berries (Ridgeway, WI), parsley, mint, red onion, kale, olive oil, lemon juice
- Rye Brownie or Lemon Bar
- San Pellegrino: orange, lemon, grapefruit or non-flavored
*ingredients subject to seasonal changes